Outfit: a sky of white has frozen time

by - 08:50

winter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

I was at work today so thankfully didn't have to deal much with the snow you can see in the above picture. It did make a pretty backdrop for a few photos before I left the house this morning, though.

My outfit today was an attempt to be both warm and relatively smart, and was a little inspired by the following still I found from Water For Elephants:



I haven't seen the film, but all the pictures of it that I have seen set my style senses tingling.  

winter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

winter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

Everything in this outfit is modern - the trousers and cardigan are Primark, the blouse is Vero Moda via Asos.


I didn't brave the weather for very long - just long enough to grab a few photos which my dad kindly took for me. It was a bit windy, and I did end up with several photos of myself wrestling with my hair and/or scarf. The scarf in question is one of my favourite things - it's hand painted silk and the colours remind me almost of water. 

winter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

Last but not least, the title today is a line from 'Snowy Day' by Val Emmich.






You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really like the serene colour palette of this outfit and the width of your trouser legs. Good wide-legged, vintage appropriate pants are not the easiest thing to come by (or have fit well). These look marvelous on you, as does the whole timelessly stylish ensemble.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You always leave lovely comments x

      Delete