Outfit: Classics

by - 16:47

winter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

Dress and gloves - vintage
Bag - 1950s vintage | Hat - Asos
 Coat, umbrella and scarf - Primark 

I went briefly into town earlier but I am spending the rest of the day working on my thesis. Nearly there! A couple of people commented on my outfit, which is always nice. I also found an amazing vintage skirt with a fairground ride novelty print in one of the vintage shops in town but due to current lack of funds, I sadly had to walk away from  it. It's such a shame because the shop in question has a lot of newer vintage (of the Doc Martins and ugly sweaters variety) and it's not very often that I find something I really like! 

It's the Crich Easter 1940s weekend tomorrow and Monday, but even though I was really looking forward to it, I might not go. It's still really cold here and Crich is right up on a hill and pretty exposed - I expect it will be even colder because of that! 

winter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

winter vintage outfit via lovebirds vintage

This is one of my favourite hats, and it's the first time I've worn it with a hat pin. I still had to hold on to it once or twice though - it's not very windy out today but there were one or two gusts which I didn't trust not to blow the hat right off my head, hat pin be damned. 



You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. Hello Helen Mae! I nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award!

    http://flashbacksummer.blogspot.com/2013/03/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet, feminine, immensely lovely nippy weather ensemble. I especially like that particular shade of grey of your tights, it really seams like a colour that would partner well with scads of hues.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, the tights go with almost everything!

      Delete
    2. Ohh I do hope that the skirt will still be there for you when you return with more funds, it sounds like such a good find!
      You look elegant as always in these photos, your home is so lovely too! It must be amazing to have a fire place :D

      Delete
    3. I hope so too, I was so sad to let it go! The fire place is the best on cold evenings :)

      Delete
  3. Oh this outif I ADORE. So classy and stylish. Love your coat, hat and all :)

    And must say really love your blog, I m following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm really glad you like it :) x

      Delete
  4. oh my, i am in love with your outfit! you have such a great sense of style. i adore that beret! i am your newest follower!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it. This is one of my favourite hats, I always feel so stylish and classy when I'm wearing it :)

      Delete
  5. You look so lovely in your top picture. I love the little details like the hat pin.

    HRF

    ReplyDelete