Shiver

by - 20:40

I've got a problem with my wardrobe which I've known about for a while but never properly got around to addressing... I am really short of clothes that are appropriate for cold weather.

In fact, the colder the weather gets, the more chance I have of being dressed in completely modern (not even the slightest bit retro) clothing. Of the vintage part of my wardrobe - which is made up of a mixture of true vintage, reproduction and modern vintage-style clothes - I only have a few things which  are appropriate to colder weather, and most of these things are only really suitable for autumn.

The trouble is, we now have snow again... and I'm really struggling to find things in my wardrobe which are both "my style" and will keep me warm in freezing temperatures.

My warmest dresses are two that I have been wearing pretty much in rotation with each other recently. These are the pink and green check dress which I wore in my previous post here, and the yellow 1960s dress which appeared on the blog several months ago in some awful pictures. I took some more pictures which hopefully won't hurt your eyes:


It was freezing (although not snowy) that day, as you can tell by the less-than-impressed face I'm pulling in the picture on the left. I've only now noticed how strange my pose looks in the photo on the right... where did my arm go? We will never know. My feet were so cold in those shoes but I do love how they look with the outfit.


That's neat, that's neat, that's neat, that's neat, I really love your tiger feet. 

Although I have been trying to save my money, I am in the process of updating my "vintage" wardrobe to include more cold weather clothing. In the mean time, what would my ideal cold weather vintage wardrobe look like?


 












I am hoping to expand my wardrobe of warmer (and stylish!) clothes to keep me nice an toasty before the summer arrives. Do you have any other suggestions for suitable clothing? I will happily take suggestions! I hope you are all keeping warm if you have cold weather or snow like we do at the moment. I'm super jealous of everyone who's busy going to the beach and having picnics (Australian bloggers, I'm looking at you!); I hope it warms up soon... 

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Yes! I totally understand!!! I have the same problem. I'm also working on getting winter-appropriate clothes.
    I do have a bunch of scarves, however! They're a great thing to have in lots of colors, patterns, fabrics, etc. because they can tie together outfit elements, be worn in lots of different ways for totally different looks (on your head, as a shawl, scarf, or pinned in different ways), and they're warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good scarf, perhaps now is the time to try and expand my collection of those as well!

      Delete
  2. You and me both! Having lived somewhere hot Hot HOT most of my life, I always end up stupefied by the cold when it gets chilly for a month or so every June :P Winter is coming and I have nothing to wear!!!

    I must say though, living in Australia does get tiring, depending on where you are. I live where it's hot and sticky nearly all year round and it does get frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to put up with it very well! I don't think I'd be able to cope with all that heat all the time. On the other hand, I am very jealous of all your lovely summer dresses!

      Delete
  3. Hello dear gal, I hope you don't me poking through some of your slightly older posts today. I've been doing just that this afternoon and simply had to comment on how much I adore that quilted circle skirt. I'd been after a classic black quilted circle skirt for years, always getting outbid online and/or finding them in the wrong size, but the winter before last, I finally won one on eBay (and for a total song to boot!), and can now attest that they are indeed a very cozy way to keep winter's chill at bay. I hope you're able to find a stellar one for yourself, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your wonderfully nice blog visits and comments, honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still looking for the perfect one but hopefully by the time we get to winter again I might have managed to pick one up.

      I love your blog so the comments will certainly continue! :) x

      Delete